Krishnapuram Palace (Malayalam: കൃഷ്ണപുരം, English: Krishnapuram Palace) is an archaeological museum of Kerala. It is located in Kayamkulam.
The current palace began to be built in 1700 by the kings of Travancore; it replaced an older palace and was known as Ettukettu.
This is one of the most beautiful examples of Kerala style architecture, it is a replica of the Padmanabhapuram Palace. It is in the Alappuzha District and was abandoned before being taken over in 1950 by the Archeology Department of Kerala, rebuilt on the foundations of the Vastu Shastra in sixteen buildings that have ventilation and natural lighting, Murmavedham runs and opens against negative waves.
This museum houses collections of paintings, sculptures, jewelery, weapons and inscriptions.
A fresco 3m long, the largest in Kerala, it represents the rescue of King Pandyan Indradyumna by the god Vishnu returning in the form of the king of elephants (Gajendra), it was one of the attributes of the kingship of sovereigns from Travancore.
The sword of Kayamkulam, raja of.
One of the four statue found in the Alappuzha district of Hinayana Buddhism.
Written in Sanskrit and printed in 1886 in Calcutta.