Wessex Archeology is one of the largest private archeology organizations in the UK, located near Salisbury in Wiltshire. Category: Archaeological Center or Institution
The Royal Belgian Society for Oriental Studies (SRBÉO) is a society which aims to promote Oriental studies in Belgium and which brings together all the researchers specialized in the various disciplines of Orientalism while at the same time being open to simple amateurs passionate about the things of the ancient and modern Orient. His activity is at once scholarly, multidisciplinary and directed towards the cultivated public. In 1921 and at the initiative of Paulin Ladeuze (1870-1940), rector of the University of Louvain, the Orientalists of Belgium created the “Belgian Society of Oriental Studies”, which had as its first president the Indianist Louis from La Vallée-Poussin (1869-1938) and as first vice-president the Egyptologist Jean Capart (1877-1947). The aim was to give Belgian Orientalists the means to promote their sciences but also to meet and exchange the fruits of their research. In the presidency, Christian Bolsheist and specialist Paul Peeters (1870-1950), historian and Egyptologist Jacques Pirenne (1891-1972), Islamologist Armand Abel (1903-1973), the Egyptologist Aristide Theodorides (1911-1994) and, since 1995, the Egyptologist Christian Cannuyer (Catholic University of Lille), assisted by two vice-presidents, the Islamologist Daniel de Smet (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, CNRS Villejuif – France) and the hittitologist René Lebrun (Professor Emeritus of the Catholic University of Louvain). In February 2017, the “Belgian Society of Oriental Studies” received the patent of the title of “royal” that King Philippe deigned to grant to the association.
The ” ‘Russian Imperial Archeology Society’ ‘or Russian Archeology Society (originally:’ archeology and numismatic society ” ‘) is a scientific society of the Russian Empire, established in St. Petersburg in 1846.
The Imperial Orthodox Society of Palestine (Императорское Православное Палестинское общество) (or IPPO) was founded on May 8, 1882 by Vassili Khitrovo with the permission of Emperor Alexander III of Russia. It was reformed and confirmed in 1919, 1922, 1925, 1930, 1952, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2002 and 2003. In 1918, it was renamed Russian Society of Palestine dependent on the Academy of Sciences of the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic . Its field of activity is today both in the Russian Federation and abroad. In September 2008, the government of Israel decided to return to Russia the building that once housed the Russian Orthodox Hotel St. Sergius, or St. Sergius Mission in Jerusalem, which had become the Ministry of Agriculture. Israeli. He had belonged until the October Revolution to the imperial society of Palestine and counted among his chief benefactors the Grand Duke Serge Aleksandrovich of Russia. This decision was effective in February 2009.
The ” ‘Imperial Archeology Society’ ” (named before 1881 and after 1918 Moscow archeology society) is a society founded in the 1860s in Imperial Russia in Moscow to promote archeological works.
The ” ‘French Society of Archeology for the conservation and description of historical monuments’ ”, was founded in 1834, in Caen, by Arcisse de Caumont.
The ” ‘Society of History and Archeology of the district of Saint-Malo’ ” is a learned society whose object is the study and the historical and archaeological research in the district of Saint-Malo and of the ancient dioceses of Dol and Saint-Malo. It was founded in 1899 by Louis Duchesne, Hippollyte Harvut, Jean-Marie Hamon and Eugene Herpin, Étienne Dupont. The Society of History and Archeology sets itself the task of safeguarding the historical and archaeological heritage (monuments, buildings, urban or natural sites …) of the region. It currently has 710 members and organizes twelve meetings a year, five excursions and various local visits. It publishes each year the “Annals of the Society of history and archeology of the district of Saint-Malo” which report the research of its members, and published tables covering all the “Annals” until 1999. The Society awards a student prize each year. It is part of the Federation of Historical Societies of Brittany, which groups together ten companies.
The Archaeological Society of the South of France is a historical-artistic society founded in Toulouse in 1831, by fourteen amateurs in the salon of the Marquis de Castellane, its first president. It makes known the monuments of the South of France. It is one of the first “antique” companies created in the provinces, after Rouen and Caen. His works are published in an annual volume of memoirs. It has its seat at the Assézat Hotel.
The Archaeological Society of Touraine (SAT), founded in 1840 and recognized by public utility in 1872, welcomes all those, amateur or curious, students or professionals, who are interested, work or want to work on the study, defense and illustration of the past of Touraine and its heritage.
The ” ‘Archaeological Society of Athens’ ” (in Greek) is one of the main Greek archaeological organizations. The company was founded in 1837 under the impetus of King Otto as the first institute of the new independent Greek state to promote and explore the legacy of ancient Greece in general, and Athens in particular. The first president was Ludwig Ross. Soon after its creation, it began extensive archaeological programs: in 1839-1840, it began excavations in Athens, clearing the Tower of the Winds, the monument of Thrasyllos, the Propylaea of the Acropolis and the Erechtheum. In 1840-1841, she brought to light the theater of Dionysus. After a pause due to financial difficulties, the Society sponsored excavations in Athens every year between 1858 and 1894. It played an important role in the concession of the different Greek archaeological sites to foreign institutes (French School of Athens, British School at Athens, American School of Classical Studies, etc.) competing for them. The Archaeological Society publishes each year a summary of the work of its various missions, and a review which presents the detailed results.
The ” ‘Regional Archaeological Service (SRA)’ ‘is, since 1991, the service of the French State competent in archeology within each Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs (DRAC). This department of the Ministry of Culture is headed by the Regional Curator of Archeology. Its mission is to study, protect, conserve and promote archaeological heritage in the region. It oversees the application of legislation and regulations: It has a controlling role on the excavations and must ensure that the results are published. It must also initiate or support public information actions. The regional curator of archeology directs the excavations carried out by the State, controls the excavations, records the fortuitous discoveries and informs the competent authorities of the clandestine excavations. He is also responsible for updating the archaeological map.
The Scuola archeologica italiana di Atene (SAIA) is one of 17 foreign archaeological organizations in Athens, Greece.
The Royal Archaeological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland is a learned society founded in 1845, whose main activity is the publication of a journal devoted to archaeological news published since 1844. It is the president for 30 years until in 1882, a year before his death. The current president is Professor David Hinton. The academics and are also part of the professors emeritus. The interests of the institute include all aspects of the archaeological, architectural and landscape history of the British Isles and the former British Empire. It also organizes conferences and seminars and finances and participates in excursions to archaeological sites and landscapes. He also works in coordination with other archaeological groups.
The Prehistoric Society is an international scholarly society dedicated to the study of man’s past from the earliest times to the emergence of written history. Based today at University College London in the United Kingdom, it was founded by V. Gordon Childe, Stuart Piggott and Grahame Clark in 1935 but its origins also go back to the ancient Prehistoric Society of East Anglia which began in 1908. The association is a registered charity in English law. Membership is by subscription and includes the Annual Review, Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society and PAST newsletter, published in April, July and November. It also regularly organizes conferences, conferences and other events and grants grants for archaeological research.
The Österreichischen Archäologischen Instituts (Austrian Archaeological Institute, often referred to as ÖAI) is a scientific organization that conducts archaeological research on the territory of ancient civilizations, the former Habsburg Empire and Austria. It depends directly on the state.
The Ohio Historical Society is a nonprofit incorporated in 1885, “to promote knowledge of archeology and history, particularly in Ohio. It was founded by Roeliff Brinkerhoff. Category: Historical Scholarly Society Category: Archaeological Center or Institution Category: Columbus (Ohio) Category: Ohio History Category: Founded in 1885
The French archaeological mission of Chabwa is a French archeology research team at the Chabwa site (Yemen). It was created at the initiative of Jacqueline Pirenne in 1974. Its main area of activity was the Governorate of Shabwa, a modern administrative division that covers approximately the territory of three ancient kingdoms, Hadramaout (Capital Shabwa), ‘Awsan (Capital Hajar Yahir) and Qatahan.
The Megalithic Portal is a British web portal dedicated to archeology and related topics. The portal’s mission is to document, make known and protect ancient sites and thus help safeguard these sites for future generations.
The ” Maison de l’Orient and the Mediterranean Jean-Pouilloux ” ‘(or MOM) is a research federation (FR 3747) based in Lyon, whose field of study is the Mediterranean Basin and the Middle East. Orient, from the first steps of humanity to today. It is dedicated to its founder, the historian Jean Pouilloux. Created in 1975 under the name House of the Ancient Mediterranean Orient, its activity is characterized by a largely multidisciplinary work. It employs 350 people: archaeologists, epigraphists, historians, with the help of physicists, chemists and geologists. Geographers, political scientists and architects are also collaborating. It is constituted by a research federation grouping four mixed research units (UMR) of the CNRS. This federation is statutorily associated with the Université Lumière-Lyon-II.
The Israel Exploration Society is an association created in April 1913, the 11 nissan according to the Hebrew calendar, by a group of Jewish intellectuals living in Ottoman Palestine. One of its objectives was to serve as an antiquities department and to establish a library and museum in Jerusalem, with archaeological excavations in the region being carried out by foreign institutions and researchers. It is created under the name of Jewish Palestine Exploration Society; after Israel’s independence in 1948, she became the Israel Exploration Society under the leadership of Benjamin Mazar. The Israel Exploration Society publishes several journals, excavation reports and scholarly publications in both English and Hebrew. These publications are references in archeology in Israel.
The Swiss Institute of Rome is a Swiss cultural and scientific institution housing Swiss artists and researchers.
The Swiss Institute was founded in 1949. The deputy Emiliano Maraini had built in 1903 a sumptuous building, the villa Maraini in the district Ludovisi. The couple Maraini, without children, decided to bequeath in 1946 this property to Switzerland, with charge for it to put the domain at the service of the cultural exchanges between Switzerland and Italy.
The ‘Deutsches Evangelisches Institut für Altertumswissenschaft des Heiligen Landes’ (‘French Protestant Institute of Archeology’), founded in 1900, is a biblical and archaeological institute in the Middle East. Research unit of the German Archaeological Institute, it is established on two sites, in Jerusalem in Israel and Amman in Jordan.
The National Institute for Preventive Archaeological Research (Inrap) is a French public administrative research institution created by the law of 17 January 2001 on preventive archeology. It replaced the Association for National Archaeological Excavations (Afan), an association law of 1901. It is placed under the joint supervision of the ministries in charge of Culture and Research.
The European Institute of Underwater Archeology ” ‘(IEASM), founded in 1987 by Franck Goddio, is an association law 1901 whose mission is to search archaeological sites of historical importance, to ensure the excavation, the conservation, scientific studies and publications, and public disclosure through books, films and exhibitions. The European Institute of Underwater Archeology is chaired by Franck Goddio.
The Archeology Institute ” ‘is a scientific institution belonging to the system of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The institute has its origins in the Imperial Archaeological Commission founded in 1859. The Soviet of the People’s Commissars by a decree of April 18, 1919 creates in Petrograd the “Russian Academy of History of Materialistic Culture” to which are attributed the functions of the former archeology commission and whose members are the former members of this commission. In 1926, the academy was reorganized into the State Academy of History of Materialistic Culture. She entered in 1937 in the field of management of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR with the title of institute. Its headquarters are in Leningrad with a subsidiary in Moscow. The institute was transferred to Moscow in 1943, while the Leningrad office decimated the population, and the Leningrad establishment became a mere subsidiary. On September 4, 1959, the institute was renamed the Institute of Archeology of the USSR Academy of Sciences and in 1991 the Institute of Archeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences. In 1948, the institute conducted research in Mongolia, and in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s in Egypt, Bulgaria, Albania, Iraq, Afghanistan, Hungary, Mongolia, Yemen, Syria and the Spitsbergen archipelago. Among the excavations carried out, we can distinguish those that have uncovered the oldest human presence south of the Arabian Peninsula (Yemen), ancient agricultural sites in Mesopotamia (Iraq) and temple complexes of the 4th and 3rd centuries BC In Syria, as well as royal burials of the ancient period in Afghanistan. In the early 1990s, the institute went through extremely difficult times with the economic collapse of the country. Since then, with the help of the Russian Fundamental Research Foundation (set up on April 27, 1992), the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation (set up in 1994), the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and from a few private donors, the institute was able to resume its expeditions and searches, but on a smaller scale. Director of the Moscow branch 1934-1937: Achot Ioannissian
The Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History, or ICANH () is a governmental scientific and technical agency affiliated to the Colombian Ministry of Culture in charge of research, production and dissemination of knowledge. on the themes of anthropology, archeology and colonial history as well as the protection of the archaeological and ethnographic heritage of Colombia.
The Imperial Archaeological Institute (Императорский Санкт-Петербургский Археологический институт) is an archeology institute founded in 1877 in St. Petersburg on the initiative of Nikolay Kalachov (1819-1885), of which he was the first director. The purpose of this institute was to train archaeologists and archivists in a two-year course. The teaching staff includes Izmail Sreznevski (1812-1880), Ivan Andreyevsky (1831-1891, director until his death), Nikolai Pokrovsky (1848-1917, director), Sergei Platonov (1860-1933, last director) and later Wilhelm Barthold (1869-1930). The institute published the “Collection of the Archaeological Institute (1878-1898) and the Messager of Archeology and History” (1885-1918). In 1922-1923, the institute was transferred to the Department of Archeology and Art History of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Petrograd. Her address was at Vasilievsky Island, then at No. 4 Catherine Canal.
The Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) is an American non-profit organization dedicated to developing public interest in archeology and the preservation of archaeological sites. The institute is based at Boston University. The institute was founded in 1879, and was chaired by Charles Eliot Norton until 1890. Since 1897, he has published the American Journal of Archeology. Category: Archaeological Center or Institution Category: Organization founded in 1879
The German Archaeological Institute of Rome () is the oldest archaeological research establishment in Rome and one of the nucleus of archeology. Nowadays, the institute is a department of the German Archaeological Institute. Coming from the Roman, it is considered a federal institution sitting in Berlin and attached to the Federal Office of Foreign Affairs. The Institute of Rome has a world-class library, one of the largest specialized photographic collections in Italy and a multitude of tools for scientific work, including extensive archives and a catalog to quickly locate publications. At the center of the research of the German Archaeological Institute of Rome are the archeology of Italy and North Africa, from Prehistory to the Middle Ages. The current director is Ortwin Dally, deputy director Norbert Zimmermann.
The Forges Saint-Roch Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the organization of archaeological excavations, headquartered in Couvin, Belgium.
The National Fund for Preventive Archeology is a French Equalization Fund for the financing of preventive archeology in this country. It was created by the law on preventive archeology of August 3, 2003. Its purpose is to contribute to the financing, under certain conditions, of archaeological excavations. Its management is ensured by INRAP in the form of a budget annexed to that of this establishment. However, decisions on the use of appropriations are made by the administrative authority (regional prefectures, Ministry of Culture). The Fund is financed by a levy, set annually by the “administrative authority”, on the proceeds of the preventive archeology fee. This levy can not be less than 30%. In 2004, the FNAP was not set up by INRAP, in charge of its administration, which qualifies it as a “subsidiary budget” (INRAP Annual Report 2005 p.37). Its effective creation dates back to 2005. In 2004, faced with the weakness of the FNAP due to the recent implementation of the RAP (preventive archeology fee partly covered by the DRAC and partly in the urban planning services of the State and Territorial Communities), an exceptional grant of € 10 million was paid by the Ministry of Culture and Communication to INRAP under the FNAP. An identical allocation was paid to INRAP for the FNAP in 2009 under the Recovery Plan (Circular Balsamo of the Directorate of Heritage, July 10, 2009).
Escuela Internacional de Arqueologia y Etnologia Americanas (1912-1920) is an international school of archeology and ethnology of America established in Mexico City. The idea was proposed in 1904 by Nicholas Butler, president of Columbia University, New York. Should be involved, besides the Mexican government, Columbia, Pennsylvania and Harvard universities, the American Hispanic Society, Prussia and France. The statutes were drawn up in 1910 at the XVIIth International Congress of Americanists and signed on September 4 this year by Ezechiel Chavez (1868-1946, Mexico), Eduard Georg Seler (Prussia), Louis Capitan (France), Franz Boas (Columbia ), Roland B. Dixon (Harvard), George B. Gordon (Pennsylvania) Archer Huntington (SHA). They were slightly modified and confirmed on January 23, 1911, after the parties, except France, had ratified them. The Bavarian, Saxon and Russian governments joined the school in 1912-1913. Mexico provided a local, an annual grant and pledged to facilitate research. The collected pieces had to go to the Mexico City Museum, the participants receiving casts. The ratifying entities, with the exception of the SHA, each designated a representative to form the governing body of the institution. They sent pensioners and took turns managing the school for one year. The first director was Eduard Seler, the second Franz Boas. The third was to be chosen by France, but the latter still not ratifying, Franz Boas appointed to succeed Georges Enguerrand (1877 -1961), geologist Franco-Mexican student of Elisha Reclus. Boaz and Chavez considered stratigraphy as essential to the development of modern archeology. Because of its large foreign participation, the school met from the beginning a certain hostility on the part of the Mexican intellectuals, which was accentuated during the revolution and especially in 1917, when it was learned that some students and specialists had accepted to assume a role of spy in the context of the First World War. The case eventually led to the closure of the school.
The Swiss School of Archeology in Greece (ESAG ” ‘, in Greek:) is one of the foreign archaeological research centers of Greece. Since 1964, Swiss archaeologists have been involved in clearing the remains of ancient Eretria in Euboea and contributing to their development. Eretria is a medium-sized city that has contributed greatly to the development and influence of Greek civilization. The School’s headquarters in Greece are in Athens, Odos Skaramanga 4 B. The School also has a house and offices in Eretria, Odos Apostoli 15. In Switzerland, the School’s services are hosted by University of Lausanne.
The French School of Far East ” ‘(EFEO) is a public institution of scientific, cultural and professional French character specializing in the study of civilizations of Asia. It was founded in 1898.
Originating from the “archeological mission of Indochina” created in 1898 in Saigon, the French School of the Far East was founded in 1900 in Hanoi. An order fixes its missions and its statutes. It is an institution under the French Ministry of Research whose mission is to contribute to high-level research and training of researchers in human and social sciences applied to the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia and East Asia (eg China and Japan). Historically linked to the archeology, history and languages of Asia, his fields of research are now also open to ethnology.
The French Biblical and Archaeological School (EBAF), located in Jerusalem, founded and run by the Dominican Order, is a French institution of higher education and research, specializing in biblical archeology and exegesis.
The Deutsche Orient-Gesellschaft (DOG) is an association with headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
The French Archaeological Delegation in Afghanistan (DAFA) was created in France in 1922, at the request of the Afghan government, to ensure archaeological research in Afghanistan. After a break in research during the Second World War, work resumed in 1946-47 until it was closed by the pro-Soviet Afghan government on December 15, 1982. In 2002, in agreement with the Afghan authorities, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decided to reopen and restart the activities of DAFA in Afghanistan. DAFA’s mission is first of all to develop knowledge of Afghanistan’s past in the framework of French-Afghan archaeological operations. These operations consist of the continuation of the inventory of archaeological remains (surveys, surveys) as well as the conduct of archaeological excavations within the framework of well-defined scientific programs or rescue requirements essentially related to the intensive looting of the sites. DAFA belongs to the network of 27 French research institutes abroad of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The National Council for Archaeological Research (CNRA) is an advisory body, competent for questions relating to archaeological research carried out on French territory. It examines and proposes to the Minister of Culture any measure relating to the scientific study of archaeological heritage and its inventory, the publication and dissemination of research results and the protection, conservation and the enhancement of this heritage. In this regard, it examines in particular the files presented by local authorities and other public or private bodies wishing to benefit from interministerial approvals (culture and research) enabling them to carry out preventive archeology operations. It has thirty-one members: five representatives of the State, twelve qualified persons chosen for their scientific competence in archeology and fourteen members elected within the Interregional Commissions for Archaeological Research (CIRA). responsible for evaluating archaeological research at the local and interregional levels. Its role, its attributions and its operation are defined by the articles R.545-1 to R.545-15 of the code of the inheritance. Anne Lehoërff has been vice-president of the CNRA since January 2015.
The Centro de Estudios de Historia del Antiguo Oriente (CEHAO) (in French: “Center for the Study of the History of the Ancient Orient”) (Argentine Catholic University), located in Buenos Aires, is an institution of specialized research in the history and archeology of the ancient Near East. CEHAO publishes the scientific journal Antiguo Oriente and, with the Society of Biblical Literaure, the Ancient Near East Monographs (ANEM).
The National Center for Archaeological Research (CNRA) is a national cultural institute of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, which reports to the Ministry of Culture and is attached to the National Museum of History and Art.
The French Research Center of Jerusalem (CRFJ) a joint research unit in the field of humanities and social sciences under the CNRS and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Based in Jerusalem, it is a place of welcome and training of young researchers and place of valorization of its own researches and French research in matters of archeology, history, study of the three Abrahamic religions, anthropology, linguistics, philosophy, psychology, ethnomusicology or political science. It is part of the network of French research institutes abroad.
The American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) is an academic institution dedicated to supporting the conservation of Egyptian antiquities and research in Egyptology, Coptology and all periods of Egyptian history.
The Center for Central American and Central American Studies (CEMCA-AC), Centro de Estudios Mexicanos y Centroamericanos América Central in Castilian, is the CEMCA Mexico office, a French research center in the social sciences and humanities of the Ministry of Business. and the network of the French Institute for Research Abroad (IFRE) based in the Mexican capital. It is located in Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala. The head of the Guatemalan branch is Sebastien Hardy.
The Center for Mexican and Central American Studies (CEMCA), Centro de Estudios Mexicanos y Centroamericanos en Castilian, is a French scientific research center in human and social sciences belonging to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and CNRS. It is located in Mexico City and has an office in Ciudad de Guatemala (CEMCA-AC). The center has been run since September 2014 by the anthropologist Francoise Lestage.
The Cambridge Antiquarian Society is an English scholarly society whose object is the study and protection of archeology, history and architecture of Cambridgeshire in England. The company was founded in 1840. Its collections are held at the Haddon Library in Cambridge, and the Cambridgeshire County Record Office. The collections include publications, books and periodicals devoted to archeology, more photographs, near magic lantern plaques, more than 350 watercolors and paintings.
The Cambrian Archaeological Association () was founded in 1846 to examine, preserve and illustrate ancient monuments and remains of the history, language, customs, customs, arts and industries of Wales and the Marches Wales and to raise public awareness on this topic. The association’s activities include sponsorship of conferences, field trips and study tours, as well as the publication of its journal Archaeologia Cambrensis and monographs. It also offers grants to support research and publications Category: Center or Archaeological Institution Category: History of Wales Category: Scholarly Society in the United Kingdom Category: Organization founded in 1846 Category: Welsh Culture
The Tehran Office (Außenstelle Teheran of the Deutschen Archäologischen Institutes) is one of the branches of the German Archaeological Institute (DAI, Deutsches Archäologisches Institut), with its headquarters in Tehran. Officially opened in 1962, the office has been dependent since 1996 on the Eurasian Department of the German Archaeological Institute.
The British School at Rome is a research institution of the United Kingdom Abroad, based in Rome and founded in 1901. It obtained a charter in 1912. It welcomes residents for periods ranging from 3 to 12 months.
The Authority of Antiquities of Israel (AAI, Hebrew: רשות העתיקות, Arabic: دائرة الآثار ” ‘) is the government section responsible for the discovery, excavation and preservation of Israel’s antiquities and archaeological sites. This public body, established in 1948, became known as the “Department of Antiquities and Museums of Israel until 1990”.
The regional conservation workshop Nucléart or ARC-Nucléart is a cultural public interest group located on the scientific polygon in Grenoble. The mission of this laboratory is to ensure the conservation and restoration of objects made of organic materials (wood, leather, fibers) by exposure to gamma radiation, as well as to develop new methods of treatment for degraded materials.
The Association for National Archaeological Excavations (Afan) is an association law 1901 whose articles of incorporation were filed on December 26, 1973 for the purpose of carrying out rescue excavations then archaeological diagnoses and preventive searches or programmed. Although a private-law body, it was placed under the supervision of the State through the Ministry of Culture. Its official role was to manage the credits of the Ministry of Culture, as well as other ministries and private and public developers for the purpose of carrying out archeology operations. As a result of the Preventive Archeology Act of 2001, it was transformed in 2002 into EPA, and became the National Institute for Preventive Archaeological Research.
Founded in 1948, it is a national organization dedicated to archeology in Japan and the safeguarding of its cultural heritage. At the time of its founding the association has 81 members and in 1998, the majority working in the management of cultural property and research in government agencies. Since 1994, the AJA has published the newspaper Nihon Kōkogaku (Journal of the Japanese Association of Archeology) (日本 考古学).
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) (Hindi भारतीय पुरातत्व सर्वेक्षण, ” Archaeological Service of India ”) is an Indian government agency attached to the Ministry of Culture. It is responsible for archaeological research and the preservation of the archaeological heritage of the country in accordance with the laws passed by the Parliament of India. The ASI was founded in 1861 by Sir Alexander Cunningham with the help of Viceroy Charles John Canning. In 2017, the service administered 3,650 monuments, sites and archaeological ruins.
Antiquity is a scientific journal devoted to archeology. publishes six issues a year, covering topics from around the world from all periods. Its current editor is Chris Scarre, Professor of Archeology at the University of Durham. Since 2015, the journal is published by Cambridge University Press Antiquity was founded by British archaeologist O. G. S. Crawford in 1927. The journal belongs to the Antiquity Trust, a registered charity. The current directors are Graeme Barker, Amy Bogaard, Robin Coningham, Barry Cunliffe, Roberta Gilchrist, Chris Gosden, Anthony Harding, Paul Mellars, Millett Martin, Nicky Milner, Stephanie Moser and Cameron Petrie
The American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) is an apolitical, non-religious organization founded in 1900 to study the peoples and cultures of the Middle East.
The German Archaeological Institute, Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI), is a German scientific institution attached to the Office of Foreign Affairs. Its collaborators conduct archaeological excavations and conduct research.
The Pontifical Roman Academy of Archeology (Pontificia Accademia Romana di Archeologia) is a pontifical academy in Rome. Its offices are located in the palace of the Chancellery.