Western Australian Museum



The is the state museum of Western Australia, located in Perth.

Founded in 1891 in Perth, Canada under the name of Geological Museum, it essentially collects geological collections. The following year, ethnological and biological collections were added, and in 1897 the museum officially became the Western Australian Museum and Art Gallery. In 1959 the botanical collections were transferred to the new Herbarium and the Museum and the Art Gallery became separate institutions. The museum focuses its research interests and collections in the fields of natural sciences, anthropology, archeology and Western Australian history. During the 1960s and 1970s he also began working in the then emerging fields of historic shipwrecks and aboriginal site management.

Continue reading “Western Australian Museum”

Azerbaijan Museum (Tabriz)

The Azerbaijani Museum, or Tabriz Museum, is a museum located in Iran in Tabriz, capital of the province of Eastern Azerbaijan, in the north-west of the country. Inaugurated in April 1958 during the reign of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, this museum is dedicated to the history and archeology of the region. It is one of the most important in Iran in these areas. It is not far from Khaqani Park and Blue Mosque. A dozen showcases display anthropological pieces of great significance for local history. Some pieces of the museum go back to the av.

Continue reading “Azerbaijan Museum (Tabriz)”

National Museum of Sudan

The National Museum of Sudan (in Arabic) of Khartoum, the capital, has the largest archaeological collection in the country. The museum’s construction project, begun in the 1950s, was completed in the 1960s with the help of UNESCO and following the creation of Lake Nasser in 1964, which endangered a vast archaeological heritage.

Continue reading “National Museum of Sudan”

Reykjavik 871 ± 2

Reykjavík 871 ± 2, is an exhibition of Iceland located in Reykjavik. It is part of the Árbær Farm Museum outside the city center and features archaeological elements from the Viking period. It is located on the site of a search of a Viking habitat dated about 871 with a two-year uncertainty, which gave its name to the exhibition, in the center of the capital and also presents other objects discovered in the rest of the city.

Continue reading “Reykjavik 871 ± 2”

National Museum of Phimai

The National Museum of Phimai is a museum of art, archeology and history of Thailand located in Phimai, Nakhon Ratchasima province. It is near the Phimai Historical Park. It was created in 1964.

It was originally an open-air museum, dedicated to the ancient art and architecture of Isaan. Most of the objects come from excavations carried out on the site of Prasat Hin Phimai, but also from other sites of the provinces of Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum, Buriram, Surin and Sisaket. In 1989, the Department of Fine Arts carried out the project of making the National Museum of Phimaï conform to the standards of international museums. Funding was provided by a royal project and an army project (called the North East Green), three new adjoining buildings were built to house the collections and gardens were developed. Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn presided at the inauguration ceremony of the new complex on August 4, 1993.

Continue reading “National Museum of Phimai”

Philippine People’s Museum

The Philippine People’s Museum is a department of the National Museum of the Philippines that houses the Anthropology and Archeology sections. It is located in the old building of the Philippine Ministry of Finance, along Rizal Park, near the Intramuros area, opposite the main building of the National Museum.

Continue reading “Philippine People’s Museum”

Suan Pakkad Palace

Suan Pakkad Palace, or Suan Pakkard (Suan Phak Kat) is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. It is on Sri Ayutthaya Road, south of Victory Monument. It features Thai antiques, including Ban Chiang pottery of over. Originally, the palace was the residence of Prince Chumbhotpong Paripatra (1904-1959) and his wife, who turned it into a museum, opened in 1952. It has four traditional Thai houses, connected by a covered gallery.

Continue reading “Suan Pakkad Palace”

Pre-Columbian Gold Museum

The Pre-Columbian Gold Museum (Museo del Oro Precolombino “Álvaro Vargas Echeverría” ” ‘) is an archaeological museum located in San José (Costa Rica), located on three floors below ground level, under the Plaza de la Cultura, and managed by the Central Bank of Costa Rica. It is considered one of the three most important Latin American museums dedicated to pre-Columbian gold objects (after the Bogota and Lima Gold Museum). The collection is composed of 1600 pre-Columbian gold coins dating from between 300 and 1500. Most of the objects come from south-west Costa Rica and testify to the mastery of the Chibcha and Diqui Indian tribes.

Continue reading “Pre-Columbian Gold Museum”

National Museum of Beirut

The National Museum of Beirut (Arabic: متحف بيروت الوطني) is the main archaeological museum of Lebanon located on Damascus Street in Beirut in the district of Badaro. The inventory includes more than 100,000, most of which comes from excavations undertaken by the Antiquities Branch. About 1,300 objects are exhibited chronologically, from Prehistory to the Mamluk period.

Although the collection of artifacts began as early as the end of World War I, the museum officially opened in 1942.

Continue reading “National Museum of Beirut”

Museum of Schokland

The Museum of Schokland is an open air museum located in the municipality of Noordoostpolder, in the Dutch province of Flevoland. It presents the history of the ancient island of Schokland and the surrounding polders.

The museum is located on the former terp of Middelbuurt. He opened in 1947, in the church of this village, the Enserkerk, exhibiting a number of archaeological discoveries. The museum was renovated between 1961 and 1967, then expanded in 1987 with the addition of old renovated houses. It is then moved and installed in wooden houses, on a dedicated site, the Zuiderzeestijl. The museum receives about 40,000 visitors every year.

Continue reading “Museum of Schokland”

Museum of Cham sculpture

The Museum of Cham Sculpture is a museum displaying works of Cham art and located near the Hàn river (Sông Hàn, or Hàn giang; 汗 江), in the city of Đà Nẵng formerly called Tourane in Annam in the center of Vietnam, in the district of Hải Châu. The Museum of Antiquity Cham imagined and proposed in 1902 by Henri Parmentier and who then drew up the plans, was created in 1915. It was first named museum Henri Parmentier, named after the archaeologist and architect who was the initiator. Indeed, he spent his life in Indochina and especially in Cambodia and devoted his life to studying and restoring Cham and Khmer temples. Now a museum of Cham sculpture, it is home to the world’s largest collection of Cham sculpture and has become a popular tourist destination with many foreigners every year. The centenary of the museum (1915-2015) was celebrated during Vietnam Heritage Day with the presentation of a renovation project funded by the City of Da Nang.

Continue reading “Museum of Cham sculpture”

Moesgård Museum

The Moesgård estate in the woods of Højbjerg is located south of Aarhus in Jutland (Denmark). It has been home to the Moesgård Museum since 1970. The paths, paths and roads are crossed by millenarian paved paths and dotted with oaks, linden trees and chestnut trees. In October 2014, the museum was expanded with a new building with green roofs and sloping roofs. This museum is famous not only for the valuable archaeological remains of Scandinavia, from the Paleolithic to the Viking Age (including the Stone of the Mask and other rune stones), but also for its great ethnographic manifestations. This museum preserves in particular the mummified body of the Grauballe Man and the remains of the Germanic Iron Age discovered in Illerup Ådal.

Continue reading “Moesgård Museum”

Jade Museum

The Jade Museum (Museo del Jade and Cultura Precolombina Marco Fidel Tristan Castro) is an archaeological museum located in San Jose (Costa Rica), first in the premises of the INS (National Institute of Insurance) then, from 2014, in a modern building specially designed to accommodate it, facing the Plaza de la Democracia. Founded in 1977 by Fidel Tristán Castro, first president of INS, it houses the largest pre-Columbian jade collection in America. It includes adzes, ceremonial masks and decorative objects dating back to 500 BC. At 800 BC. AD, but also chorotega (volcanic stone mills), ceramics, pottery and gold ornaments. The jade came from Guatemala and neighboring regions.

Continue reading “Jade Museum”

National Museum of Iran

The ” ‘National Museum of Iran or Archaeological Museum of Iran’ ” is an archaeological and historical museum located in Tehran. It was inaugurated in 1937 and retains antiquities from ancient Persia as objects of pottery, metal, books, coins … The museum consists of two buildings. The first is devoted to pre-Islamic collections, the second includes all objects of the Islamic era. The first building consists of three rooms. These contain objects dating from the Paleolithic, Neolithic as well as the Bronze and Iron Age to the late, Achaemenid, Seleucid, Parthian and Sassanid times. The post-Islamic part of the museum was inaugurated in 1996 and has three floors. It contains many pieces of pottery, textiles, texts, works of art, astrolabes and calligraphy from the Islamic history of Iran.

Continue reading “National Museum of Iran”

Secular Gregorian Museum

The secular Gregorian Museum is one of the Vatican Museums. It houses a collection of antiques that was once part of the Lateran Museum, now extinct. It was founded by Gregory XVI in the Lateran Palace, in 1844, then transferred to the Vatican at the request of John XXIII, and reopened in 1970. The museum includes objects that, for the most part, come from excavations and finds made in the Papal States.

Continue reading “Secular Gregorian Museum”

Gozo Archeology Museum

The ” ‘archeology museum of Gozo (in Maltese’ ‘Il-Mużew tal-Arkeoloġija ta’ Għawdex and in English Gozo Museum of Archeology ‘) is one of the two archeology museums of Malta. The museum is housed in a building located in the citadel of Ir-Rabat. It served initially as a town hall where the Knights of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem received their distinguished guests. It has also served as home to the Bondì family, hence the name of Casa Bondì under which it is also known. Deceased, it was restored in 1937 by Sir Harry Luke, Lieutenant Governor of Malta. In 1960, it hosts the first public museum of the island; his collections then include archaeological and ethnographic objects. In 1986, non-archaeological collections were transferred to other buildings in the citadel.

Continue reading “Gozo Archeology Museum”

Erebouni Museum

The Erebuni museum (in Armenian: ‘) or museum-historical and archeological reserve Erebuni (‘) is an archaeological museum located near the Urartian fortress of Erebuni in Yerevan, the Armenian capital. It presents the objects found during the excavations of the site as well as those carried out at the Urartean fortress of Teishebani and on the site of Chengavit (where the museum has antennas).

Continue reading “Erebouni Museum”

Children of Llullaillaco

The children of Llullaillaco are three children having lived in the present Argentina, sacrificed and whose bodies were conserved intact by the cold until their discovery in 1999, on Llullaillaco volcano, to more of altitude.

This is a boy and two girls, from 6 to 14 years old. They lived before the arrival of Europeans. They each wore a ceremonial dress and a trousseau: “delicate statuettes with human figures dressed in traditional textiles and feathers, combs, woven pouches filled with corn, coca leaves, cups and wooden spoons”.

Continue reading “Children of Llullaillaco”

Shipwreck Conservation Center

The Shipwreck Conservation Center is a subsidiary of the National Maritime Museum of Gdańsk, opened the undefined undefined undefined in a specially constructed building in Tczew near the Vistula Museum. The center was created in collaboration with the Norwegian Museum of the Navy and the Museum of the History of Culture of the University of Oslo. It was financed with the means of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism (85%) and grants from the Ministry of Culture of Poland. The museum has two parts: the conservation workshop and the exhibition hall.

Continue reading “Shipwreck Conservation Center”

National Museum of Bahrain

The National Museum of Bahrain () is the largest and one of the oldest museums in Bahrain, located in Manama, the capital.

Built near the King Faisal Highway in Manama, the capital, and inaugurated in December 1988, the museum designed by a Danish company, KHR Arkitekter, covers 27800 square meters, and consists of two buildings. It has a rich collection of archaeological artifacts from ancient Bahrain, acquired since 1988, and covers 6000 years of the kingdom’s history. Three large halls are dedicated to the archeology and ancient civilization of Dilmun. The large hall has on the ground a satellite map of the island, with the current state (around 2000) of all human installations. The walls of the same hall present in Arabic and English an excellent introduction to traditional Bahraini architecture, and rehabilitation achievements as well as projects for the development of different heritages.

Continue reading “National Museum of Bahrain”

Archaeological Museum

Archaeological museums are specialized in the exhibition of archaeological objects. Many are in the open air, like the Acropolis of Athens. Others present artifacts found in archaeological sites inside buildings. Their collaborators conduct archaeological excavations and conduct research. Many of these museums have a large collection of Egyptian antiquities.

Continue reading “Archaeological Museum”